2018 St. Francis Parish Retreat | September 14-16, 2018
Please join us for the Third Annual St. Francis Waycross Parish Retreat!
Be a part of one of our most cherished new parish traditions: a weekend at the peaceful and restorative Waycross Camp and Conference Center in beautiful Brown County. This is a wonderful opportunity to relax, unplug, create fellowship, deepen our connections, and reflect together on our mission to Love All, Seek Peace, and Live and Care Generously.
Registration is first come, first serve.
Schedule: The weekend combines structured and unstructured activities and allows plenty of time for you to join in group fellowship, but also to enjoy free time on your own or with family and friends. In addition to meals together, some of our planned activities include:
- Friday evening: Candlelight Compline Service
- Saturday: Service Project, Workshop for adults led by Mother Whitney. Kids’ Activities organized by Waycross Camp counselors, including climbing wall, zipline, and pool time, hiking, intergenerational kickball game, adult social hour, campfire and s’mores. Childcare provided for little ones.
- Sunday morning: Worship at Waycross Chapel, Brunch
If the cost of the retreat is an issue for you, please talk to a clergy member. Scholarships are available to all. We do not want anyone to miss this opportunity due to cost.
Lodging Options and Costs:
*Those with mobility issues will be given preference for first floor rooms in their chosen locations.
For those who want an authentic summer camp experience! Cozy and fun for families. Each cabin sleeps 10 (5 sets of bunk beds); shared bathrooms are steps away at bath houses. Cabins are heated and centrally located to the bathhouse. Bring sleeping bags, pillows and towels. Next door to the Main House.
$60 per cabin for the weekend (up to 10 people)
When registering for a Cabin please select 'Cabin' for the first member and 'Shared Room' for all others in group.
The Main House Lodge and adjacent Sleeping Wing offer rooms that sleep between 2 and 7. single to quadruple occupancy with shared hall bathrooms and private bathrooms in Sleeping Wing. The Main House Lodge offers a spacious comfortable living room with cozy couches and lovely pond views leading onto porches. Bed linens are provided; bring towels.
Main House and Sleeping Wing are $75 per room for the weekend.
When registering for a room in the Main House or Sleeping Wing please select 'Main House' or 'Sleeping Wing' for the first member and 'Shared Room' for all others in group.
The Conference Center offers comfortable, double-occupancy rooms that sleep 2-4 with private bathrooms. Each wing enjoys hospitality rooms that include scenic views and ample seating.
The Conference Center rooms are $110 per room for the weekend.
hen registering for a Conference Center room please select 'Conference Center' for the first member and 'Shared Room' for all others in group.
Meals for adults are either $40 for one day, or $80 for the entire retreat. Children's meals are being paid for by St. Francis In-The-Fields, but please select a meal for your child for the kitchen's meal count.
St. Francis is subsidizing the cost of this retreat in the amount of approximately $2,500. This will cover expenses including all children’s meals, golf cart rental, camp counselors and kids’ activities, our service project, and other programming. When you register, please keep this parish subsidy in mind and consider making a donation to ensure the future of our retreat fund.
- The form will prompt you to register family members individually. Keep scrolling!
- When registering a family or group, please register the FIRST PERSON in the room type you want and the other members as "SHARED ROOM".
- Please select a meal plan for each individual, including children (whose meals are free).
- Contact the Church Office with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-873-4377.