Senior Vacation Bible School, August 12th - 16th, 2018 | 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Senior Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a fellowship and formation program for seniors and aspiring seniors, ages 50+. Join us to focus on the spiritual direction of your retirement and golden years. There will be fellowship time, VBS crafts and songs, a guest speaker and group discussion on a different topic every night, spiritual discernment and discussion led by Mother Whitney and dinner.
If you are coming from work and unable to attend until after 4:30pm that is fine - join us when you can! We will be done by the early evening so no one will be asked to drive in the dark.
- Sunday, August 12th: guest speaker on Health
- Monday, August 13th: guest speaker on finances
- Tuesday, August 14th: guest speaker on legal issues and resources
- Wednesday, August 15th: guest speaker on grief and loss
- Thursday, August 16th: guest speaker on caregiving and Weenie Roast Picnic
Instruments of God, Adult Forum Fall 2018
All classes meet Sunday mornings at 9:00am at St. Francis In-The Fields
This engaging class seeks the examples of Saints of the Church and people from the Bible to show us a path of spiritual discernment in the framework of our mission, vision and values. The Advent series will be team taught by Mother Whitney and Music Director Robert Bolyard and focus on women of the Bible.
We will also enjoy special guest Dr. Bob Royalty for Adult Forums on the topic of Pilgrimage.
- 8/26/2018 Followers: St. Paul
- 9/2/2018 Risen Christ: Mary Magdalene
- 9/9/2018 Instruments of God's Peace: John the Baptist
- 9/16/2018 Love All: Jonah
- 9/23/2018 Did Jesus Say That? with Dr. Bob Royalty
- 9/30/2018 Seek Peace: The Prodigal Son
- 10/7/2018 Feast of St. Francis: No Forum
- 10/14/2018 Live and Care Generously: The Good Samaritan
- 10/21/2018 Welcome: Blind Bartimaeus
- 10/28/2018 Paul's Women with Dr. Bob Royalty
- 11/4/2018 Joy and Sorrow: Moses
- 11/11/2018 Journey Together: Ruth and Naomi
- 11/18/2018 Annual Fund Ingathering: No Forum
- 11/25/2018 Inquiring and Discerning Hearts: Mary
- 12/2/2018 The Courage and Will to Preserve: Hagar
- 12/9/2018 A Spirit to Know and Love God: Hannah
- 12/16/2018 Gift of Joy and Wonder: Anna
Women's Thursday Bible Study
A group meets in the parlor on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 11:30am for Bible study. Books of the Bible to be studied are chosen by group members. Mother Whitney facilitates once a month. Previous topics include the missionary travel of Paul, an exploration of the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible, and perspectives on the life and spirituality of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Men's Bible Study and Fellowship
The men of the parish meet monthly on Saturday mornings for Bible study and fellowship (and an occasional golf outing.) The Men's Group also cooks and serves the annual Shrove Sunday Pancake Supper and sometimes undertakes a service project for the church.
This group is organized to provide meals and whatever support is needed for families in a crisis situation because of illness, death in the family, or the happy crisis of the birth if a baby.
You are invited to attend the fellowship and greeting that takes place after the 10 a.m. service in the old parish hall just off the kitchen, also referred to as the Coffee Room. This is a great way to meet and connect with a variety of people in the parish.
We provide classes for inquirers (those wishing to be baptized, confirmed or received) and for the incorporation of new members into the Episcopal Church. Note that membership in the parish requires baptism, attendance, and support, but not prior Confirmation or Reception. The schedules for these series are available in the bulletin and newsletter. If you are interested in being married at St. Francis, please contact Fr. C. Davies Reed, Rector.
This is a group of men and women who commit themselves to praying for the needs of parishioners and their families and friends as they are brought to the attention of the group.
The parish sponsors many social events during the year including a Summer Celebration featuring a pig roast and pot luck.