Instruments of God, Adult Forum Fall 2018
All classes meet Sunday mornings at 9:00am at St. Francis In-The Fields
This engaging class seeks the examples of Saints of the Church and people from the Bible to show us a path of spiritual discernment in the framework of our mission, vision and values. The Advent series will be team taught by Mother Whitney and Music Director Robert Bolyard and focus on women of the Bible.
We will also enjoy special guest Dr. Bob Royalty for Adult Forums on the topic of Pilgrimage.
- 8/26/2018 Followers: St. Paul
- 9/2/2018 Risen Christ: Mary Magdalene
- 9/9/2018 Instruments of God's Peace: John the Baptist
- 9/16/2018 Love All: Jonah
- 9/23/2018 Did Jesus Say That? with Dr. Bob Royalty
- 9/30/2018 Seek Peace: The Prodigal Son
- 10/7/2018 Feast of St. Francis: No Forum
- 10/14/2018 Live and Care Generously: The Good Samaritan
- 10/21/2018 Welcome: Blind Bartimaeus
- 10/28/2018 Paul's Women with Dr. Bob Royalty
- 11/4/2018 Joy and Sorrow: Moses
- 11/11/2018 Journey Together: Ruth and Naomi
- 11/18/2018 Annual Fund Ingathering: No Forum
The Advent series will be team taught by Mother Whitney and Music Director Robert Bolyard and focus on women of the Bible.
- 11/25/2018 Inquiring and Discerning Hearts: Mary
- 12/2/2018 The Courage and Will to Preserve: Hagar
- 12/9/2018 A Spirit to Know and Love God: Hannah
- 12/16/2018 Gift of Joy and Wonder: Anna
Women's Thursday Bible Study
A group meets in the parlor on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 11:30am for Bible study. Books of the Bible to be studied are chosen by group members. Mother Whitney facilitates once a month. Previous topics include the missionary travel of Paul, an exploration of the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible, and perspectives on the life and spirituality of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Women of the parish gather together to support one another in friendship and service.
- Wednesday, August 29th: Smoothie Sampler Session hosted by Lori Varas. Join Women's Fellowship Group as we make (and taste!) a variety of smoothie recipes. A suggested donation of $3-$5 is encouraged to help cover the cost of supplies.
- Wednesday, September 19th, 6:30pm—9:30pm: Canvas Painting Night hosted by Deb Lanie and Jenni Smith. The cost is $25 to create a canvas painting. Must RSVP.
- Tuesday, October 2, 7pm: Death by Chocolate Mystery Party hosted by Amie Peele Carter. More information forthcoming.
- Wednesday November 14, 7-8pm: Join Women's Fellowship Group to help decorate over 400 Christmas Bags for the St. Francis Christmas outreach project that supports the students of Hattie B. Stokes. Feel free to bring any items you wish to help decorate the bags!
Men's Bible Study and Fellowship
The men of the parish meet monthly on Saturday mornings for Bible study and fellowship (and an occasional golf outing.) The Men's Group also cooks and serves the annual Shrove Sunday Pancake Supper and sometimes undertakes a service project for the church.
This group is organized to provide meals and whatever support is needed for families in a crisis situation because of illness, death in the family, or the happy crisis of the birth if a baby.
You are invited to attend the fellowship and greeting that takes place after the 10 a.m. service in the old parish hall just off the kitchen, also referred to as the Coffee Room. This is a great way to meet and connect with a variety of people in the parish.
We provide classes for inquirers (those wishing to be baptized, confirmed or received) and for the incorporation of new members into the Episcopal Church. Note that membership in the parish requires baptism, attendance, and support, but not prior Confirmation or Reception. Please contact Fr. C. Davies Reed, Rector, for more information.
The parish sponsors many social events during the year including pot lucks, service projects, and learning events.